Would you like to acquire new skills? Meet new people? Find new and interesting ways to use your pre-existing talents? Help others? Experience new challenges? Try Volunteering!
Benefits of volunteering include:
Volunteers are happier, healthier and sleep better than those who don’t volunteer
• 96% of volunteers say that it “makes people happier”.
• 95% of volunteers say that volunteering is related to feelings of wellbeing.
• Volunteering results in a “helper’s high”, a powerful physical and emotional feeling experienced when directly helping others.
• Just a few hours of volunteer work makes a difference in happiness and mood.
• Sustained volunteering is associated with better mental health.
• Altruistic emotions and behaviours are associated with greater well-being, health, and longevity.
• A strong correlation exists between the well-being, happiness, health, and longevity of people who are emotionally kind and compassionate in their charitable helping activities.
• The experience of helping others provides meaning, a sense of self-worth, a social role and health enhancement.
• Volunteering is highly associated with greater health and happiness.
SOURCE: Volunteering Australia Fun Facts
For Centrelink job seekers this is a great way to increase your networks and social circles.
How to start
Centrelink customers should contact us to make an appointment to start volunteering.
Click here to sign up.